You’re excited to see him as a miniature version of his dad. He’s not so excited about the stiff collar, tighter shoes, and coiffed hair. Meet him in the middle for a formal event like a summer wedding by mixing it up a bit – and making it fun!
All merchandise is available at Mint Baby & Kids! In order: Deux par Deux blue and orange plaid button-down, $42; Mayoral Kids navy blazer, $82; Mayoral Kids white linen shirt, $45;
Here are some tips to make his time in formal attire a little more enjoyable:
- Find a funky-print tie or one in his favorite color to help him dress with more pride and pair with a simple white button-down shirt.
- Give him choices to give him ownership of his look and to dispel the ‘no’s…”Billy, would you like to wear this shirt or this shirt? This tie or this tie? These socks or these socks?” Make sure everything coordinates so no matter what combo he puts together, it will look together.
- Mix up up colors and prints. Add a pop of color with a yellow tie to a navy gingham shirt, for example.
- Find him a funky shirt instead of a plain white button-down.
- Instead of pants, try a tailored pair of shorts.
We know it’s hard to find a simple white button-down, tailored pants, or sports jackets in his size, so come in to Mint Baby, and we’ll help you find what he needs and also share 50% off any spring or summer item you find, too!